Re: tcp settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tcp settings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm wondering if there's a disconnect between my servers postgresql.conf
> and the system tcp settings? Are the config names supposed to match a
> file in /proc/sys/net/ipv4?

Probably not --- we certainly didn't pick them with the intention
of matching any specific system's naming of the options.  On my
Linux box it looks like the related files are named
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_XXX

But in any case, if this is your problem:

> My issue is that psql is timing out with "SSL SYSCALL error: Connection
> timed out".

then keepalives aren't necessarily the solution anyway.  When is
this failure occurring ... is it while trying to establish the
database connection in the first place?  Or does it only happen
if you've left the psql session sit idle for a long while?

От: "Theodore M Rolle, Jr."
Сообщение: Re: I slipped up so that no existing role allows connection. Is rescue possible?
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: tcp settings