Re: vacuum analyze again...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacuum analyze again...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> I find it hard to believe that VAC ANALYZE is all that much slower than
>> plain VACUUM anyway; fixing the indexes is the slowest part of VACUUM in
>> my experience.  It would be useful to know exactly what the columns are
>> in a table where VAC ANALYZE is considered unusably slow.

> VACUUM ANALYZE does a huge number of adt/ function calls.  It must be
> those calls that make ANALYZE slower.  People report ANALYZE is
> certainly slower, and that is the only difference.

That's why I'm asking what the data is.  The function calls per se can't
be that slow; I think there must be some datatype-specific issue.

With TOAST in the mix, TOAST fetches could very well be an issue, but
I didn't think 7.1 was being discussed ...

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: vacuum analyze again...
От: Dan Lyke
Сообщение: Re: Re: A How-To: PostgreSQL from Tcl via ODBC