Re: Popular pages on techdocs

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Popular pages on techdocs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Dave Page wrote:
>

> > You might be able to extract some useful data from Google Analytics if
>  > you're willing to give it a go?
>
>  I certainly was.  Ignoring the main navigation pages, here are the most
>  popular pages on techdocs:

alter table
change password
sequence
psql

>  I had been working on a more task-oriented FAQ for postgresqldocs.org,
>  staring at this data makes me think that would be nice to integrate with a
>  "Popular manual sections" page of some sort.  I sometimes guess what
>  people want but it's always nice when it can be measured like the above
>  instead.

Agreed.

Magnus, do you think it would be worth adding this data as an
additional weighting on the search engine to favour appropriate pages?
Or perhaps we should just update the docbot thingy.

>  > I am aware that some of the text we migrated is *really* old now, so a
>  > culling/archiving session would be a worthwhile pursuit.
>
>  While there are some recent articles like my MySQL comparision, many of
>  the most popular pages were dated 2001.  There's plenty to be culled, but
>  some it should be probably be refreshed instead.

You sound like you're volunteering :-p

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Patch to make some strings available to translations
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Reworking the wiki structure