Re: why PgAdmin needs constant connection to db server?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: why PgAdmin needs constant connection to db server?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Julius Tuskenis<julius@nsoft.lt> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I usually use hibernation instead of shut down - to carry on with work in
> the morning. The problem is that I can't carry on with work using pgAdmin -
> it says that connection is lost to server few times and goes to disconnected
> from server state. Then I have to connect again. All query windows loses
> connections as well. I have to connect them also.
> My question is - do we really need to be connected to server all the time?
> Why not "connect when needed" strategy? Maybe theres an setting I don't know
> about? Is there a workaround?

It's a Small Matter Of Programming. Patches are welcome though - I'd
be happy to see pgAdmin try to reconnect and continue on failure.

--
Dave Page

От: Julius Tuskenis
Сообщение: why PgAdmin needs constant connection to db server?
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Kubuntu 9:04 - Jaunty, grid editor Ctrl-c Segmentation fault (core dumped)