Re: Postgres user password

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Postgres user password
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Michelle Lu<Michelle.Lu@mantech.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I’ve downloaded PostgreSQL8.3.7-1 for Mac OSX from
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#osx
> The install went OK and the service started OK. I want to connect to the db
> server in pgAdminIII for the default postgres user. However when prompted
> for postgres user password, I’ve tried postgres and it did not work.
> How do I go about changing the password for postgres user?
> Michelle

Edit pg_hba.conf in the data directory and set the appropriate access
rule to 'trust', then reload the server config. That will allow you to
login without a password, from where you can change it using pgAdmin.

But... the password for the postgres user will be set to whatever you
specified when you installed, so unless you forgot it, you shouldn't
need to change the password.

--
Dave Page