Re: debugger from superuser only.... why?

От Alexander Petrossian
Тема Re: debugger from superuser only.... why?
Дата
Re: debugger from superuser only.... why?  (Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> 25 сент. 2023 г., в 17:28, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> написал(а):
> Even if there's a way to restrict
> debugging connections to sessions owned by the same user,

I guess, there is such a way. Looks trivial...

> you’d have a big problem with being able to change the behavior of
> security-definer functions.

Could you please elaborate on this, Tom?

My worry is that it is very inconvenient.
And if reasons are not super-solid, maybe one can budge the Author? :)

>  Clearly, the authors of pldebugger
> decided that was a can of worms they didn't care to open.

Unless one wants to go fishing ;)

PAF

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: Regarding PostgreSQL 15.4
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: debugger from superuser only.... why?