RE: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE: [SQL] OUTER JOINS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I don't think outer joins are planned for 6.5.  Possibly 6.6?
-----Original Message-----From:    Joe Shevland [SMTP:J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au]Sent:    Monday, April 19, 1999 9:33
PMTo:   Michael J DavisCc:    'pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org'Subject:    Re: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

Aha, I was wondering where they were dredged from :) Is 6.5 going tosupport OJ's?
Michael J Davis wrote:> >         *= and =* are Oracle syntax for outer joins.> >                 -----Original
Message----->                From:   Dan Janowski [SMTP:danj@3skel.com]>                 Sent:   Monday, April 19, 1999
7:27AM>                 To:     J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>                 Cc:     pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org>
       Subject:        Re: [SQL] OUTER JOINS> >                 Thanks for giving it a stab. Looking at the

available>                 operators,>                 there is no =* or *= ops available. Although I am
curious>                 where it>                 comes from.> >                 Dan> >                 Joe Shevland
wrote:>                > ...>                 > select t1.value from table_one t1, table_two t2

where> t1.key = t2.key;>                 >>                 > So this would be a straight LEFT join in my
understanding.> Now, I'm>                 > venturing beyond my experience with PostgreSQL
here, but> you may be able>                 > to use the associated SQL syntaxes:>                 >>                 >
select... where t1.key *= t2.key>                 > select ... where t1.key =* t2.key>                 > ...>
     >>                 > Dan Janowski wrote:>                 > >>                 > > I've looked through the docs
andmail lists

but I am> coming>                 > > up short on references for LEFT/RIGHT/FULL
OUTER JOIN>                 > > avalability>                 > > or functional workarounds. It seems that
PostgreSQL does>                 > > not have it.>                 > >>                 > > Any recommendations on how
toaproximate the> functionality?>                 > >>                 > > As a curiosity, is there a problem with

supporting these>                 > > OUTER joins or is it merely on the list?>                 > >> >
-->                Dan Janowski     danj@3skel.com       Triskelion

Systems,>                 Inc.     Bronx, NY
TurnaroundSolutions Pty. Ltd.      v  | http://www.TurnAround.com.au---------------------------------------------Skate
towhere the puck is going and not towhere it has been - Wayne Gretzky

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Joe Shevland
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] OUTER JOINS
От: "Anna Langer"
Сообщение: Questions about embedded-sql!