RE: [SQL] Update problem I cannot work out

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE: [SQL] Update problem I cannot work out
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Try something like:
Create function new_function(value_data_type)    'Select sum(t1.var1) from t1 where t1.var2 = $1'  LANGUAGE
'sql';
update t2 set var1=t2.var1+new_function(t2.var2);

-----Original Message-----From:    M Simms [SMTP:grim@argh.demon.co.uk]Sent:    Saturday, May 01, 1999 8:26 PMTo:
pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.orgSubject:   [SQL] Update problem I cannot work out

I cannot work out how to do the following query
testdb=> select * from t1;var1|var2----+----   1|   2   2|   2   2|   3(3 rows)
testdb=> select * from t2;var1|var2----+----   5|   2   9|   3   4|   4(3 rows)
I need to add to the value of each var1 in t2 the sum of all var1's
in t1that have the same value corresponding var2's
testdb=> update t2 set var1=t2.var1+sum(t1.var1) where
t1.var2=t2.var2;ERROR:  parser: illegal use of aggregates or non-group column in
target list
I imagine that this is failing because it isnt sure which values tosum(), but I cannot for the life of me figure out
howto solve this.

My second idea was to do
testdb=> update t2 set var1=t2.var1+t1.var1 where t2.var2=t1.var1;NOTICE:  Non-functional update, only first update is
performedUPDATE1

This will only, obviously, add one of the values I need to add.
The values I need to end up with, just so you know you are solving
theright problem, are:
testdb=> select * from t1;var1|var2----+----   1|   2   2|   2   2|   3(3 rows)
testdb=> select * from t2;var1|var2----+----   8|   2  11|   3   4|   4(3 rows)
Any help on this would be appreciated. I am a bit stuck here, and I
amsure I am just missing something blindingly obvious.I am loathe to use a cursor to do this, because my actual dataset
isupwardsof 10,000 records, and I do not wish to do 10,000 differentqueries.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Martin Jackson
Сообщение: INSERT and UPDATE with non-atomic values
От: Chris Bitmead
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] INSERT and UPDATE with non-atomic values