RE: [SQL] User and Groups

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE: [SQL] User and Groups
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
For each group in pg_group you need to do the following:

UPDATE pg_group set grolist = '{501,514,502,503,504}' where grosysid = 1;

Where 501 - 504 is a list of pg_user.usesysid that should belong to the
group.

This really needs to be added to the documentation and "create user" needs
to be fixed to automatically do this.
-----Original Message-----From:    Greg Frith [SMTP:greg@malthouse.demon.co.uk]Sent:    Wednesday, May 05, 1999 8:35
AMTo:   pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.orgSubject:    [SQL] User and Groups

Hi, I'm having some problems trying to get my head around how users
and groupswork.
I have 2 groups of users: client & consultants.  I create these
groups asfollows:-

/* Group : create group consultants */INSERT INTO pg_group VALUES ('consultants', '100');INSERT INTO pg_group VALUES
('clients','200');

I then create some tables and set the permissions on these tables as
follows:-
REVOKE ALL ON clients, clientaddr, consultants, consultantaddr,     systemconstants, clients_consultants, tasks,
client_extras,    timesheet, schedule, invoice, invoice_items,     pg_user, pg_shadowFROM GROUP clients;

GRANT ALL ON clients, clientaddr, consultants, consultantaddr,     systemconstants, clients_consultants, tasks,
client_extras,    timesheet, schedule, invoice, invoice_itemsTO GROUP consultants;

Now I create a user:-
testdb=> CREATE USER paul IN GROUP consultants;CREATE USER
I login as this user and try a select on a table that should have
permissionsset:-
testdb=> select * from consultants;NOTICE:  in_group: group 100 not foundERROR:  consultants: Permission denied.
I can't understand this - should I insert the user id of each
consultant userinto grolist of pg_group where groname = consultants?
TOA
   --
---------------------------Greg Frith - University Of Leeds : School of Computer Studies