Re: Help with PostgreSQL Upgrade

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Help with PostgreSQL Upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/14/23 03:50, SMITH Matt wrote:
> Classified as: {OPEN}
>

> Hi,
>
> We currently have a database hosted in pg 13.1 (with PostGIS 3.1.1) and
> we are keen to move to pg 15.3 (with PostGIS 3.3.3) all running on
> Windows 10.
>
> I installed pg15 without issue. The pgAdmin 4 utility (bundled with
> postgres 15) connects okay.
>

> Our apps and services seem happy with the new pg15 database.
>
> However, using the pg_upgrade.exe utility to migrate our db has resulted
> in some sort of issue whereby pgAdmin (the version bundled with 15) will
> no longer access our server.
>

> 2023-09-12 15:04:12,182: ERROR    pgadmin:    Exception when checking
> for update

This seems to an internal pgAdmin4 issue with what looks to be it's
internal update check trying to call home. Is there a firewall that
prevents that on your network?

You might have more luck with getting a complete answer on the
pgAdmin-support list:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Access plan selection logic PG9.2 -> PG14
От: SMITH Matt
Сообщение: RE: Help with PostgreSQL Upgrade