Re: PostgreSQL - How to login with my Linux user account

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PostgreSQL - How to login with my Linux user account
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/27/23 17:19, Amn Ojee Uw wrote:
> I'd like to log into my newly installed PostgreSQL [ PostgreSQL 12.15
> (Debian 12.15-1.pgdg120+1) ] using my linux account.
> In trying to do that this web page
> <https://alvinalexander.com/blog/post/postgresql/log-in-postgresql-database/>suggest that I enter :
>
> psql -d mydb -U myuser -W
>
> However, that command requires a database_name (mydb), and PosgreSQL 12.15 being so freshly installed does not yet
> have any database created by me.
>
> How would you suggest I circumvent this challenge?

The tutorial

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/tutorial.html

would be a good place to start.

 From said tutorial:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/tutorial-createdb.html

createdb mydb

Which in turn leads to:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-createdb.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL - How to login with my Linux user account
От: Priess Stefan
Сообщение: Compile static postgres.lib for postgres 15.3 on Windows