Re: ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA versus dependent types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA versus dependent types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> Looks reasonable to me.  The added test coverage seems particularly
> valuable.  If I really wanted to nitpick, I might complain about the three
> consecutive Boolean parameters for AlterTypeNamespaceInternal(), which
> makes lines like

> +        AlterTypeNamespaceInternal(arrayOid, nspOid, true, false, true,
> +                                   objsMoved);

> difficult to interpret.  But that's not necessarily the fault of this patch
> and probably needn't block it.

I considered merging ignoreDependent and errorOnTableType into a
single 3-valued enum, but didn't think it was worth the trouble
given the very small number of callers; also it wasn't quite clear
how to map that to AlterTypeNamespace_oid's API.  Perhaps a little
more thought is appropriate though.

One positive reason for increasing the number of parameters is that
that will be a clear API break for any outside callers, if there
are any.  If I just replace a bool with an enum, such callers might
or might not get any indication that they need to take a fresh
look.

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA versus dependent types
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA versus dependent types