Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 05:25:22PM -0500, Zhihong Zhang wrote:
>> I am not superuser. Let me see how I can get access to the superuser on RDS.

> You can't - that's the point of am environment managed by someone else.
> Perhaps you could inspect the data directly in pg_statistic, not through
> the pg_stats view. But I haven't tried if that works on RDS.

He definitely shouldn't be able to do that, if not superuser.

However, after experimenting a bit it seems like pg_stats does work for
indexes as long as you are the owner of the index's table, which probably
explains why it took so long for anybody to notice the problem.  Maybe the
OP is trying to look at the stats as a non-owner that's just been GRANT'ed
table access?

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working
От: Zhihong Zhang
Сообщение: Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working