Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence

От Matt Gibbins
Тема Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 24/9/23 09:56, Tom Lane wrote:
Matt Gibbins <matt_gibbins@fastmail.com.au> writes:
When I launch gdb for stack trace on the server the process hangs.
If you mean you're attaching gdb to the active server process, yes
that would stop execution.  You could just say "continue" and
wait for the segfault to occur.
			regards, tom lane

Tom

Thanks for that

I launched gdb on the server with sudo gdp -p <port>.

Launched the client on the remote connection then executed continue in the gdb prompt on the server.

Initial response

Continuing.

Program received signal SIGUSR1, User defined signal 1.

I executed continue and the gdb reported '[Detaching after fork from child process 2790431]' for several sequences and the remote process then crashed.

No further information available other than 'Detaching after fork...'.

Regards

Matt.

От: Matt Gibbins
Сообщение: Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence