Re: Remote Access Help

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: Remote Access Help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

Actually, this is the list of PostgreSQL, and NOT the list of PgAdmin4.

But it could be a problem with the server. To check this, try to connect with psql, the command line client provided by PostgreSQL.

psql -h localhost -U postgres

Have you configured PostgreSQL correctly? Are TCP/IP connections allowed? Is pg_hba.conf configured correctly?

Unless you can connect with psql using the parameter -h localhost, pgAdmin4 won't be able to connect. If you can connect with psql without -h localhost, then only Unix socket connections are allowd, but pgAdmin4 isn't capable of connecting via Unix sockets.

Regards,

Holger

Am 06.11.20 um 01:13 schrieb DaStormer:
Hey,

I'm attempting to connect to my PostgreSQL server which is on my Linux ubuntu machine with pgAdmin4 remotely from my Windows PC. I'm pretty sure I have correctly configured everything necessary, but it still gives me this error:

Unable to connect to server:

could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060)
Is the server running on host "-----------------------" (-------------) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Please advise.
--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Change from BIGINT to INT in prod.
От: Tim Cross
Сообщение: Re: Remote Access Help