Re: [HACKERS] Checking if a system is ELF

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Checking if a system is ELF
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> So grep will find "__ELF__" in the output on druid proving that it is an
> a.out system.  On smaug, __ELF__ is defined as "1" so grep fails to find
> the string "__ELF__" proving it to be an ELF system.

Seems to me that this is a test for __ELF__ being defined, but not for
exactly what it is defined as.  Mightn't a non-ELF system define it as 0?

Also, I think there are prefab test macros in Autoconf for checking
whether a #define symbol exists ... you shouldn't have to do anything
as grotty as writing out an explicit test program ...

От: Philip Warner
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Selectivity of "=" (Re: [HACKERS] Index not used on simple se lect)