Re: compiler warnings with gcc 4.8 and -Og

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: compiler warnings with gcc 4.8 and -Og
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2022, 07:10 Tom Lane, <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm a little dubious about whether -Og is a case we should pay special
>> attention to?

> The "Developer FAQ" page on the wiki suggests that when you develop
> with gcc that you use CFLAGS="-ggdb -Og -g3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer"
> during development, so I'd hardly call -Og "any random option".

I have no idea who wrote that FAQ entry, and I'd certainly not
accept it as being project policy.  I'd actually say that's an
excellent example of adding some random compiler options.

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: compiler warnings with gcc 4.8 and -Og
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Limits: maximum number of columns in SELECT result