Postgresql Page Layout details

От Najib Abi Fadel
Тема Postgresql Page Layout details
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear all,

i was reading the postgres docs concerning the
Database Physical Storage. I found that the
information present there is not enough to satisfy my
curiosity.
Are there any documentation out there that describes
in more details the Database Physical Storage of
potgres ?

In the Page Layout details, it is specified that a
page is usually 8KB each. Does the page here means a
file system block ? Can the page size in postgres be
different from the file system block size ?

Thanks for any help,

Najib.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

От: John Koller
Сообщение: Re: I'm in need of something that should be there
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Page Layout details