Re: Large files on linux

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: Large files on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>:

> Dear all:
>
> I am having trouble with large files on a Linux box (RH 6.2). I know
> there
> is a limit of 2 GB on the file size, but do not know if this is kernel
> related, filesystem related or both.

IIRC Partly Kernel, Partly FileSystem.

For large tables we split the tables at the 1Gb point. The Storage Manager then
deals with which file it needs to open when it knows that the file position is
beyond any one 1Gb point.

NB: The source was doing this at the 2Gb point but (6.3.x or 6.4.x I think) I
did some tests for another project and found that Linux didn't like files
exactly 2Gb in size. After discussion here, 1Gb was chosen as a nice round
figure.

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

От: fabrizio.ermini@sysdat.it
Сообщение: Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre
От: Peter T Mount
Сообщение: Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre