Re: Disabling/Enabling index before bulk loading

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Disabling/Enabling index before bulk loading
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/10/2018 07:08 AM, Ravi Krishna wrote:

> We recently did a test on COPY and found that on large tables (47 million rows , 20GB of raw data) the
> difference in COPY with 16 indexes and COPY without any index is 1:14. That is, COPY is 14 times slower
> when data is ingested with all indexes as opposed to COPY first without index and then create all index.

Did you include the time to CREATE INDEX after the COPY or is the 1:14
only for the COPY stage?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Disabling/Enabling index before bulk loading
От: Ravi Krishna
Сообщение: Re: Disabling/Enabling index before bulk loading