Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start; otherwise OK

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start; otherwise OK
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OpenMacNews <pgsql-general.20.openmacnews@spamgourmet.com> writes:
> note that my cmd line refers to the conf file, which has the external
> PID id'd in it:

>      external_pid_file = '/var/run/postgresql.pid'

Oh, now you tell us ;-)

Still, I'm not sure what could be the problem.  The only code that
reacts to that setting is in postmaster.c:

    /*
     * Write the external PID file if requested
     */
    if (external_pid_file)
    {
        FILE       *fpidfile = fopen(external_pid_file, "w");

        if (fpidfile)
        {
            fprintf(fpidfile, "%d\n", MyProcPid);
            fclose(fpidfile);
            /* Should we remove the pid file on postmaster exit? */
        }
        else
            write_stderr("%s: could not write external PID file \"%s\": %s\n",
                         progname, external_pid_file, strerror(errno));
    }

I suppose that the fopen might have failed (maybe the original pid file
wasn't writable by the postmaster??), but why wouldn't it have printed
an error message and kept going?

От: OpenMacNews
Сообщение: Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start;
От: OpenMacNews
Сообщение: Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start;