Re: Rules, Triggers something more challenging

От Tamir Halperin
Тема Re: Rules, Triggers something more challenging
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I wasn't envisioning the business layer being wrapped up with the user interface. If you wanted to, you could divide
theminto two distinct environments. A web front end that makes calls to a Python (my favorite) object which, in turn
connectsto PostgreSQL (not via odbc). In this scenario, you're business layer (the python code) could be used by the
userlayer to begin a transaction. The business layer object will get to PostgreSQL in a secure fashion, submit context
informationand retrieve context-specific data. It would then return it to the user layer with, possibly, some
formattingto make it easy for the user layer to display it.

> Using this information
> anybody can access
> the database with the given login and password, and he would
> be able to
> access all the rown (insert into it) from the table the user
> is allowed to
> get access. That's the reason why I have to do on server side
> (data layer).
>
> I also tried to make a function and trigger but without luck.
> I don't know
> how to access trigger parameters from functions.
> create function verify_permission() returns integer as
> 'select user_id from permissions
> WHERE permissions.disco_id = NEW.disco_id
> AND  permissions.username = CURRENT_USER' LANGUAGE SQL;
>

> CREATE TRIGGER verify_insert BEFORE INSERT ON visitors FOR EACH ROW
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE verify_permission('disco_id');

I wish I could help here with the syntax but all my db development experience is outside of PostgreSQL. I'm here to
learnas well.

От: Network Administrator
Сообщение: Multiple References on one Foreign Key
От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] Postgres Syslog