Re: Limitations on 7.0.3?

От ARTEAGA Jose
Тема Re: Limitations on 7.0.3?
Дата
Re: Limitations on 7.0.3?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I've looked at the pg_index table and we are currently at 15Mill
entries, which should be OK. After 2-3 days runtime I just get a
disconnect error from backend while doing an insert. After I restore the
DB and insert the same entries it runs fine. Following is the error I
get:
"Query pgsql8.1: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR, pqReadData() -- backend closed the
channel unexpectedly.\n\tThis probably means the backend terminated
abnormally\n\tbefore or while processing the request.\n
      INSERT INTO teststeprun (description, stepunqid, stepid,
stepstarttime, duration, parentsn, stepresult) VALUES ('Qos Reset',
'24920757/3267', ' 95.  4', '2007-06-02 19:02:05', '0 0:0:25',
'5311955', '0')"

Also worth mentioning is that I just this week found out about a very,
very important parameter "shared buffers". Ever since the original
person setup our PG (individual no longer with us) this DB had been
running without any major glitches, albeit slow. All this time the
shared buffers were running at default of "64" (8192 block size). Once I
have got this back up and running I have since set this to 1600 shared
buffers (~125MB). I've since noticed a dramatic performance improvement,
I hope that I've striked gold. But cannot claim victory yet it's only
been up for 2 days.

-Jose

От: ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee)
Сообщение: Re: index vs. seq scan choice?
От: "George Pavlov"
Сообщение: Re: query log corrupted-looking entries