Re: [HACKERS] getcwd failing suddenly

От Taral
Тема Re: [HACKERS] getcwd failing suddenly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, you wrote:
>Recently I have started seeing this error when starting the server.
>
>shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories

You're starting it from a directory which user postgres does not have access
to. Therefore reading '..' (which the shell that su launched uses to determine
current directory) fails. It doesn't matter, although your solution works.
Other solution: Just use 'cd' instead of 'cd /usr/local/pgsql'

Taral

От: John Ryan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof
От: "Thomas G. Lockhart"
Сообщение: MySQL vulnerability