RE: Determine parallel-safety of partition relations for Inserts

От Huang, Qiuyan
Тема RE: Determine parallel-safety of partition relations for Inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I notice the comment 5) about is_parallel_possible_for_modify() seems to be inaccurate in clauses.c.
    *  5) the reloption parallel_dml_enabled is not set for the target table

Because you have set parallel_dml_enabled to 'true' as default.
    {
        {
            "parallel_dml_enabled",
            "Enables \"parallel dml\" feature for this table",
            RELOPT_KIND_HEAP | RELOPT_KIND_PARTITIONED,
            ShareUpdateExclusiveLock
        },
        true
    }

So even user doesn't set parallel_dml_enabled explicit, its value is 'on', Parallel is also possible for this rel(when
enable_parallel_dmlis on).

Maybe we can just comment like this or a better one you'd like if you agree with above:
    *  5) the reloption parallel_dml_enabled is set to off

Regards
Huang

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching
От: Ian Lawrence Barwick
Сообщение: Re: SPI: process exit in SPI_exec when table not exist. error code not return.