Re: Security Vulnerability on PostgreSQL VMs

От Diego
Тема Re: Security Vulnerability on PostgreSQL VMs
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi!

Try with "yum deplist <package name>" to check who app use phyton.

Diego,

On 2020-07-17 12:44, Hilbert, Karin wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
We have PostgreSQL v9.6 & also PostgreSQL v11.8 installed on various Linux VMs with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.8 (Maipo) OS.  We're also running repmgr v5.1.0 & PgBouncer v1.13.

We're getting vulnerability reports from our Security Office for the following packages:
 - python-pulp-agent-lib-2.13.4.16-1.el7sat
 - python-gofer-2.12.5-5.el7sat

For some reason these packages aren't being updated to the current versions & our Linux Admins haven't been able to resolve the update issue.  It has something to do with a satellite?   (I'm not a Linux Admin - I don't really know what they're talking about).  Anyway, are these packages anything that would be required by PostgreSQL, repmgr or PgBouncer?  It's nothing that I installed on the VMs - I assume that it's something installed along with the OS.  The Linux Admin's recommendation is to just remove these packages.

Thanks,
Karin Hilbert

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Security Vulnerability on PostgreSQL VMs
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Security Vulnerability on PostgreSQL VMs