Re: lippq client library and openssl initialization: PQinitOpenSSL()

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: lippq client library and openssl initialization: PQinitOpenSSL()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 11 Sep 2022, at 17:08, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Sebastien Flaesch <sebastien.flaesch@4js.com> writes:
>> The PostgreSQL doc says that if the application code is initializing OpenSSL, it should tell PostgreSQL libpq client
librarythat OpenSSL initialization is already done:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/libpq-ssl.html#LIBPQ-SSL-INITIALIZE
>> I was wondering if this is still true with OpenSSL 1.1.0+
>
> Don't believe so.  The HAVE_CRYPTO_LOCK stuff is all obsolete and
> not compiled if you built against 1.1.0.  The only thing left that
> will happen if you don't call PQinitOpenSSL is an extra call to
> OPENSSL_init_ssl, which should be harmless as far as I can see
> from the OpenSSL docs.

To the best of my knowledge, thats entirely correct.

От: Junwang Zhao
Сообщение: Re: [EXT] Re: log_min_messages = warning
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: lippq client library and openssl initialization: PQinitOpenSSL()