Re: deallocating prepared statements

От Haszlakiewicz, Eric
Тема Re: deallocating prepared statements
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
>From: pgsql-interfaces-owner@postgresql.org
>[mailto:pgsql-interfaces-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of
>Daniel Verite
>    Haszlakiewicz, Eric wrote:
>> dealloc_result = PQexecParams(conn, "DEALLOCATE $1", 1, deallocTypes,
>> deallocValues, deallocLengths, deallocFormats, 1);
>>
>> But I get this error:
>>  syntax error at or near "$1" at character 12
>
>The prepared statement's name is not a literal, and in general
>parameterized queries don't accept parameters beyond literals. So you
>need to insert the name directly into the SQL command text.

Well, that sucks.  Now I need to worry about quoting and escaping. :(
Is there a limit of what characters can be used in statement names?
Neither the docs for PQprepare(), nor the docs for the prepare statement
say anything about that.

eric

От: "Haszlakiewicz, Eric"
Сообщение: Re: deallocating prepared statements
От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: deallocating prepared statements