Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL

От Sullivan,Deric [CMC]
Тема Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

    I'm looking for details on how to integrate a barcode reader (e.g.
one from Symbol) with a PostgreSQL database.  Currently I use PostgreSQL
7.1.2 as the backend and psql, pgaccess, pgAdmin v7.1.0 (on Windows),
phpPgAdmin as the frontend(s).  The backend, a couple of the frontends, and
the PHP enabled web server run on a Linux workstation.  I'm new to the
details of barcode readers so I'm also looking for hints on how to get a
barcode reader hardware working on a Linux system.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Deric Sullivan
Deric.Sullivan@ec.gc.ca