Re: Postgresql Backup Encryption

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: Postgresql Backup Encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Singh,

> On 10. Jul, 2020, at 07:29, Brajendra Pratap Singh <bpsinghjobs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please let me know the way to encrypt/decrypt the postgresql backup uaing pg_dump and pgbackrest.
>
> Also let me know the other good possibility if any.
>
> Thanks,
> Singh

don't use the -f option with pg_dump and simply pipe the output through your favorite encryption tool. Or use -f option
andafter pg_dump finishes, encrypt the resulting dump file. These are the two options you have. There is no direct
commandline option to encrypt pg_dump's output.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-pgdump.html

Cheers,
Paul

От: Paul Förster
Сообщение: Re: Safe switchover
От: Brajendra Pratap Singh
Сообщение: Wal_keep_segment value too high