Re: Quere keep using temporary files

От rihad
Тема Re: Quere keep using temporary files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/25/2019 05:49 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> rihad <rihad@mail.ru> writes:
>> Hi, we frequently run many query involving XML that use a smallish
>> temporary file, despite having increased local work_mem in that
>> transaction to 16GB. FreeBSD's top shows that the memory isn't actually
>> being used - it remains free. Basically many such queries are run within
>> a single transaction:
>> LOG:  temporary file: path "base/pgsql_tmp/pgsql_tmp92452.1079", size 166518
>> STATEMENT:  DELETE FROM "foo" WHERE ((col1, col2, col3) in (select col1,
>> col2, col3 from foo_xml_v2('<here goes xml-formatted blob>'))) AND
>> "foo"."col_id" IN ($1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9)
>> It looks like increasing work_mem doesn't help. Surely 16GB is enough to
>> cover all these small temp files?
> You'd need to provide a lot more detail about what that query is doing
> for anyone to be able to guess where the temp file usage is coming from.
>
>             regards, tom lane
> .

I just checked and saw that the function "foo_xml_v2" above returns
table. Is this enough to trigger temporary file usage regardless of
work_mem?

От: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Сообщение: Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed
От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: Trying to fetch records only if preceded by at least another one