Re: Inconsistent results with libc sorting on Windows

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Inconsistent results with libc sorting on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/5/23 18:07, Daniel Verite wrote:
> While trying pg16beta1 libc collations on Windows, I noticed that UTF-8
> text sorts sometimes differently across invocations with the same
> locales, which is wrong since these collations are deterministic.

<snip>

> Also, it does not occur at all if parallel scan is disabled.

This is a wild shot in the dark, but I wonder if somehow the locale is
being initialized (i.e. setlocale) differently in the parallel workers
than the backend due to some Windows specific behavior differences?

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Tejasvi Kashi
Сообщение: Tracking commit LSNs of tuple xmins for read txns
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded