Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14
Дата
Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On 10/23/21 13:00, Дмитрий Иванов wrote:
> Да.
> Python extension issues occurred on Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10
> Pro. Experimentally, when installing version 3.7.4, everything worked.

If you used the EDB installer for the Windows install of Postgres then
you need to use their Language Pack to match up with what the plpython
expects.

> This is my first time deploying Debian, and since I didn't want to
> deploy multiple versions, I asked a question. I have installed Python
> 3.10 x64. when faced with a lack of information on installing an
> extension pack, it would be a good idea to highlight this in the help.
> https://debian.pkgs.org/11/postgresql-amd64/postgresql-plpython3-14_14.0-1.pgdg110+1_amd64.deb.html
> <https://debian.pkgs.org/11/postgresql-amd64/postgresql-plpython3-14_14.0-1.pgdg110+1_amd64.deb.html>:

This is the Debian project packages, not something the Postgres project
controls.

The project does control this:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/

Which has the section

"Included in distribution"

that points out you may need to install additional packages.

This is also pointed out here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpython.html

"
Note

Users of source packages must specially enable the build of PL/Python
during the installation process. (Refer to the installation instructions
for more information.) Users of binary packages might find PL/Python in
a separate subpackage.
"

> After that, I have successfully installed the extension and executed the
> audit function

Does this mean everything is working now?

> сб, 23 окт. 2021 г. в 09:04, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:
>
>     On 10/22/21 19:58, Дмитрий Иванов wrote:
>      > Good afternoon. Tell me what version of Python3 PostgreSQL 14 is
>      > targeting. I had problems with pairing version 12, working on 3.7.4
>
>     1) Where did you install Postgres from?
>
>     2) Define problems.
>
>     3) To be clear you are trying to use plpython3u, correct?
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Дмитрий Иванов
Сообщение: Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14
От: Дмитрий Иванов
Сообщение: Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14