Re: Adding a pg_get_owned_sequence function?

От Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Тема Re: Adding a pg_get_owned_sequence function?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 9 Jun 2023, at 20:19, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:

> Hi hackers,
>
> I've always been annoyed by the fact that pg_get_serial_sequence takes
> the table and returns the sequence as strings rather than regclass. And
> since identity columns were added, the name is misleading as well (which
> is even acknowledged in the docs, together with a suggestion for a
> better name).
>
> So, instead of making excuses in the documentation, I thought why not
> add a new function which addresses all of these issues, and document the
> old one as a backward-compatibilty wrapper?
>
> Please see the attached patch for my stab at this.

This didn't get any replies, so I've created a commitfest entry to make sure it doesn't get lost:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4535/

--
- ilmari

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
От: Erik Rijkers
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches