Re: using pg_ctl over ssh hangs

От vrms
Тема Re: using pg_ctl over ssh hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
even though this may not be 100% what you where asking for ...

the first thing that comes to mind would be trying to send the remote command into the background

    $ ssh -T postgres@${node3} "/usr/pgsql-14/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/14/data start &"

this may come with the disadvantage that you do not receive the "server started" feedback.

the second was to try Ansible

- name: start postgres @ node 3
  hosts: node3
  tasks:

  - name: start postgresql
    ansible.builtin.cmd
      cmd: "
/usr/pgsql-14/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/14/data start"
    become: true
    become_user: postgres

this of course requires for you to have Ansible available (which may come handy anyway).

On 20.10.23 03:24, Sbob wrote:

All

I am wanting to run pg_ctl as a command over ssh, however when I pass start it hangs until I do a Ctl-C

This works fine:
$ node3=172.16.171.132
$ ssh -T postgres@${node3} "/usr/pgsql-14/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/14/data stop"
waiting for server to shut down.... done
server stopped
$

I am immediately returned to a command prompt

However , this does not return me to a command prompt until I do a Ctl-C:

$ node3=172.16.171.132

$ ssh -T postgres@${node3} "/usr/pgsql-14/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/14/data start"
waiting for server to start....2023-10-19 19:23:42.947 MDT [2053] LOG:  redirecting log output to logging collector process
2023-10-19 19:23:42.947 MDT [2053] HINT:  Future log output will appear in directory "log".
done
server started

^C
$

Thanks in advance

От: ADITYA DUVURI
Сообщение: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy
От: M Sarwar
Сообщение: Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy