Re: Cache lookup failed for relation, when trying to DROP

От Mark Gibson
Тема Re: Cache lookup failed for relation, when trying to DROP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 05:25:58PM +0100, Mark Gibson wrote:
>
>>I had to remove Slony's schema manually as I was having problems
>>with it. I was in the process of removing all Slony related stuff,
>>and all my slave tables when this problem occurred, and was going to
>>start again from scratch.
>
> Did your problem happen on a replica, or on the origin?  There's a
> current dirty, evil hack in Slony that does extremely naughty things
> in the catalogues on the replicas.  This is slated to go away in the
> future, but at the moment it's possible to trip over it if you don't
> use Slony's own admin tools.

Yes it was on the slave. After a bit more playing with Slony, I've
discovered the cause. I'd created rules on a slave table before
subscribing it to the master, Slony was disabling the rule from
within pg_catalog, so when I manually removed Slony I had some
rogue rules floating around. PostgreSQL didn't know it needed to
drop the rules but it was being restricted from dropping the table
by unknown deps in pg_depend.

--
Mark Gibson <gibsonm |AT| cromwell |DOT| co |DOT| uk>
Web Developer & Database Admin

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Complex Update Queries with Fromlist
От: Alexander Pucher
Сообщение: Mathematical operations with NULL values