Re: outdated (bad) information in pg_stat_activity

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: outdated (bad) information in pg_stat_activity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/17/05, Harry Jackson <harryjackson@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/17/05, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  must have missed that one. thanks - we are moving to 8.1 anyway (50-150%
> increase in performance for some specific tasks!).
For which tasks in particular are you seeing this king of gain?

so called "imports".
we get data from external source, check it's id number, fetch the same object from database (if it exists), compare, update changes. if it didn't exist earlier - insert.
such a procedure "touched" directly 7 tables, and about 20 other using triggers and other means of automation.

depesz

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: is this a bug or I am blind?