Re: Add support for AT LOCAL

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Add support for AT LOCAL
Дата
Re: Add support for AT LOCAL  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2023-06-05 at 23:13 -0400, Vik Fearing wrote:
> The Standard defines time zone conversion as follows:
>
> <datetime factor> ::=
>    <datetime primary> [ <time zone> ]
>
> <time zone> ::=
>    AT <time zone specifier>
>
> <time zone specifier> ::=
>      LOCAL
>    | TIME ZONE <interval primary>
>

> While looking at something else, I noticed we do not support AT LOCAL.
> The local time zone is defined as that of *the session*, not the server,
> which can make this quite interesting in views where the view will
> automatically adjust to the session's time zone.
>
> Patch against 3f1aaaa180 attached.

+1 on the idea; it should be faily trivial, if not very useful.

At a quick glance, it looks like you resolve "timezone" at the time
the query is parsed.  Shouldn't the resolution happen at query
execution time?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: 回复:Fix missing initialization of delayChkptEnd
От: 謝東霖
Сообщение: Re: Improve join_search_one_level readibilty (one line change)