Re: Postgres upgrade from 9.6.9 to postgresql 16 version

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: Postgres upgrade from 9.6.9 to postgresql 16 version
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We went from 9.0 -> v15 in a single step.  We used Londiste to do the replication.  It’s older technology, but made upgrading in a single move possible.  DB is +2TB.  We had about 1 hr of downtime between final steps and validation of our applications.

Thanks,

Chris Hoover
Senior DBA
AWeber.com
Cell: (803) 528-2269
Email: chrish@aweber.com

On Feb 13, 2024, at 11:22 AM, Krishnaswamy <krishpostgresql@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All

We have a postgreSQL db with version 9.6.9 version and planning to upgrade to latest postgresql 16 version.

Database size is around 4 TB .

Please suggest
1) options/methods to upgrade
2) best practices to note while doing this much major version upgrade

Thanks
Krishnaswamy

От: Krishnaswamy
Сообщение: Postgres upgrade from 9.6.9 to postgresql 16 version
От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: Postgres upgrade from 9.6.9 to postgresql 16 version