Re: Returnd Refcurser ( not fetchable

От Penchalaiah P.
Тема Re: Returnd Refcurser ( not fetchable
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
create table foo(sirname text, name text); insert into foo values
('Mueller', 'Marcus');

create function getfoo(char(1)) returns refcursor as '
declare  ref refcursor;

begin  open ref for select * from foo where sirname like ''%'' || $1 ||
''%'';  return next ref;
return
end;
'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

Copy the above function and execute..i changed at return statement.....

Thanks & Regards
Penchal Reddy

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Christian Kindler
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 11:28 AM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] Returnd Refcurser (<unnamed portal x> not fetchable

Hi!

I have the Problem, that a function returns a refcursor and I am not
able to fetch them. I tried in several ways.

Can you please tell me how to get the cursor data.

Thanks
Chris

PS this is what I have:

create table foo(sirname text, name text);
insert into foo values ('Mueller', 'Marcus');

create function getfoo(char(1)) returns refcursor as
'
declare  ref refcursor;

begin  open ref for select * from foo where sirname like ''%'' || $1 ||
''%'';  return ref;
end;
'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

select * from getfoo('M');
* fetch all in '<unnamed portal 11>';

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "'<unnamed portal 11>'" at character 14

--
cu
Chris

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite Computer Solutions and / or its Customers and is
intendedfor use only by the individual or the entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged,confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it
appearsthat this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or
disseminationof this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at
info.in@infics.comand delete this email from your records.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Christian Kindler"
Сообщение: Returnd Refcurser ( not fetchable
От: "Christian Kindler"
Сообщение: Re: Returnd Refcurser ( not fetchable