Re: Function error

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Function error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sachin Srivastava wrote:
> In my function the problem is that global variables defined inside the function.
> These variables are visible to functions defined inside a function.
> If we move these inner functions to outside of the main function,
> they will lose the visibility of the global variables.
> So I think that's why we have to correct this functions rather then creating it as individual.

I see.
You'll have to rewrite the functions then, probably by passing the shared
values as parameters instead of having them in global variables.

> We have migrated our data from Oracle to Postgres through ORA2PG Tool
> after that we are getting this error for this function.

ora2pg cannot translate all PL/SQL code, you have to be prepared to rewrite
most nontrivial functions.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Steven Livingstone
Сообщение: Re: master slave failover - secondary slaves
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why PG uses nested-loop join when no indexes are available?