Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> writes:
>>> Anyway, I have prepared a patch along the lines you suggest.
>>
>> Pushed, we'll see if the buildfarm likes this iteration any better.
>
> And the answer is "not very much".  The Windows builds aren't actually
> failing, but they are producing lots of warnings:
>
> lquery_op.obj : warning LNK4197: export '_ltq_regex' specified multiple times; using first specification
[...]
> This is evidently from the places where there are two "extern"
> declarations for a function, one in a header and one in
> PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1.  The externs are identical now, but nonetheless
> MSVC insists on whining about it.

Funny -- it seems to mind a duplicate declaration only if there
is PGDLLEXPORT in at least one of them.

> I'm inclined to give this up as a bad job and go back to the
> previous state.  We have a solution that works and doesn't
> produce warnings; third-party authors who don't want to use it
> are on their own.

I think you are right.

Thanks for the work and thought you expended on this!
Particularly since Windows is not your primary interest.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #13755: pgwin32_is_service not checking if SECURITY_SERVICE_SID is disabled
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Specifying the log file name of pgbench -l option