Re: [HACKERS] password_encryption, default and 'plain' support

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: [HACKERS] password_encryption, default and 'plain' support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>>> So, I propose that we remove support for password_encryption='plain' in
>>> PostgreSQL 10. If you try to do that, you'll get an error.

>> I have no idea how widely used that option is.

> Is it possible that there are still client libraries that don't support
> password encryption at all?  If so, are we willing to break them?
> I'd say "yes" but it's worth thinking about.

We have one application that has been reduced to "password" authentication
ever since "crypt" authentication was removed, because they implemented the
line protocol rather than using libpq and never bothered to move to "md5".

But then, it might be a good idea to break this application, because that
would force the vendor to implement something that is not a
blatant security problem.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Change GetLastImportantRecPtr's definition? (wasSkipcheckpoints, archiving on idle systems.)
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Use SnapshotAny in get_actual_variable_range