Re: Ticket 269: Add support for 9.1 ALTER TYPE new syntax for enum

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Ticket 269: Add support for 9.1 ALTER TYPE new syntax for enum
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 30/10/2010 10:25, Dave Page a écrit :
>
>> Yeah, that's really nasty. I guess we need split the commands at ;.
>
> Yeah. If it's not between quotes. I don't like it at all, but I don't
> see another way of doing it.
>
>> I guess we should pass a flag down somehow to tell the function that
>> executes the query to do that and then we could also potentially get
>> rid of the double SQL boxes.  I'm not looking at the code, but I
>> suspect that'll be nasty.
>>

> We actually aren't required to add such a flag. We can check if the
> query contains "ALTER TYPE", and "ADD AFTER" or "ADD BEFORE".

That's knowledge I'd rather avoid hardwiring into the lower level
machinery here.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: "pgAdmin Trac"
Сообщение: [pgAdmin III] #273: Check the number of rows returned by a query
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Ticket 269: Add support for 9.1 ALTER TYPE new syntax for enum