Re: How to retrieve values of 'array' field using C library (libpq)

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: How to retrieve values of 'array' field using C library (libpq)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey Anton,

2011/2/9 Anton Maksimenkov <anton200@gmail.com>
Hi.

I use libpq in my program. And I can retrieve int and symbolic fields
as simple as

int unameFN, moneyFN...
char *unamePTR, *moneyPTR...

unameFN = PQfnumber(res, "uname");
moneyFN = PQfnumber(res, "money");
unamePTR = PQgetvalue(res, 0, unameFN);
moneyPTR = PQgetvalue(res, 0, moneyFN);
themoney   = ntohl(*((uint32_t *) moneyPTR));
printf("user->[uname:%s money:%d]", unamePTR, themoney);

Then I tried to use array type and no success:

int arFN...
char *arPTR...

arN = PQfnumber(res, "woo");
arPTR = PQgetvalue(res, 0, arFN);
printf("user->[woo:%s]", arPTR);

I can convert it with array_to_string() and got it as some text.

My array is the array of integer values. So maybe there is some native
method to retrieve them (as in the 'themoney' example)?
Not in libpq. Probably, in libpqtypes.
--
antonvm

// Dmitriy.

От: michel wildcat
Сообщение: créer une DLL pour Postgresql 9 avec visual C++ [2008]
От: MOQUET Julien PP-DOSTL SDSIC DEPL
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-fr-generale] créer une DLL pour Postgresql 9 avec visual C++ [2008