autovacuum issue after upgrade to 9.0.1

От George Woodring
Тема autovacuum issue after upgrade to 9.0.1
Дата
Re: autovacuum issue after upgrade to 9.0.1  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-general
We recently upgraded  from 8.3.something to 9.0.1.  With 9.0.1, we have a huge spike in vacuums every 8 days only on one of our DB servers.  We go from approx 20 vacuums every 5 minutes to 350 per 5 minutes.  This lasts for several hours, then stops.  I have attached a graph that shows the occurrence.  I am assuming that it needs to vacuum all of my tables to avoid some sort of wrap around counter.  I am wondering what is the best way to make autovacuum spread this out so it will not be quite a big of a hit.  I we did not see this with 8.3 and I kept the setting the same after the upgrade.

Here are my autovacuum settings:

autovacuum = on
log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0
autovacuum_max_workers = 5
autovacuum_naptime = 1min
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 100
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 100
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.1
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.05
autovacuum_freeze_max_age = 200000000
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 20ms
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George Woodring

--
iGLASS Networks
www.iglass.net

От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string andidentifier...
От: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr."
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...