Re: what can depend on index

От Szymon Guz
Тема Re: what can depend on index
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 26 October 2010 16:29, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> writes:
> today I noticed that in the documentation there is DROP INDEX CASCADE.
> I've got one question: what is that for? What can depend on index?

Unique constraints and foreign key constraints, for starters.

But even if there weren't anything, we'd still provide the CASCADE
syntax for future-proofing purposes.

                       regards, tom lane

Thanks for the answer, I didn't know about the foreign key, I only thought about the future use.

regards
Szymon

От: Szymon Guz
Сообщение: Re: what can depend on index
От: Ozz Nixon
Сообщение: Why Select Count(*) from table - took over 20 minutes?