Re: How do we get the Client-Time and Server-Time from psql ?

От raghavendra t
Тема Re: How do we get the Client-Time and Server-Time from psql ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

Thank you for the update.

Suppose am at the server-end, how could i get the client-time. Its really troublesome when compared with the timezone column in a table.

Regards
Raghavendra

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:
On 06/02/2010 02:48 AM, raghavendra t wrote:
Hi All,

How do i get the client time and server time. I am connecting remotely. If i give SELECT CURRENT_TIME;,it shows the server time. How do we get the client time ?

Time is the same everywhere but displayed in different ways according to local time-zones. In order to deal with non-synchronized clients or server-side specific values like differentiating between CURRENT_TIME which returns the time at start of transaction throughout the life of the transaction and timeofday() which _does_ change throughout a transaction you should use "SET TIMEZONE". For example my server is on the West Coast but I can display time for East Coasters:

steve=# show timezone;
 TimeZone
-----------
 localtime

steve=# select current_time;
      timetz
--------------------
 11:06:14.745969-07

steve=# set timezone to 'est5edt';
SET
steve=# show timezone;
 TimeZone
----------
 EST5EDT

steve=# select current_time;
      timetz
 14:06:29.456009-04

Cheers,
Steve

От: u235sentinel
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: Put me on your white list]
От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: Commit every N rows in PL/pgsql