Re: oracle to postgres migration question

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: oracle to postgres migration question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Chris Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> wrote:
> sfrost@snowman.net (Stephen Frost) writes:
>> People who are trying to parse psql's output directly should realize
>> they probably are going about it the wrong way. :)
>
> There's a set of people I need to tell that to...

If you're at least making the output something like tab,  space, pipe
delimited you can parse it.  On systems with only bash to play with,
I've done that before because it and psql were the only tools I had to
work with.  I wouldn't try to write some masterpiece artwork of code
around psql output, but for some short scripts it's usable, and way
easier than dealing with Oracle.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: oracle to postgres migration question
От: Steven Dahlin
Сообщение: error on line 1 trying to execute a script using psql