error_question

От Gergely Fábián
Тема error_question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

I would like to ask you to help me a bit.
I have two computers connected with each other. One of them runs under
Linux, the other one has Windows Vista 32-bit.
I've tried to do the following:
One application (on the Linux computer) creates a database in the
Linux machine and manipulates the data on-the-fly. I've stopped the
application and I've installed the postgresql to the windows machine
and I've configured it (usernames, password required by the
application to use the database). I reached the database on the
Windows computer from the Linux machine so the connection was good (I
entered to the Windows database from the Linux machine and I could
list the available databases).
After that I started the application. The database was created on the
Windows computer, but contained no data (no tables, etc).
The application remained on the Linux computer. All that I've changed
is that the PostreSQL database is used on the Windows machine instead
of the database on the Linux computer. It is important to note that I
don't want to move the database or the data from the computers, I only
want to create a new, reacheable and working other database in another
PC, thus I want to create another database (and the application
creates it itself, it doesn't need interaction)
The version of the PostreSQL is 8.4.2 on the Linux computer.
The version of the PostreSQL is 8.4.4 on the Windows computer.

The error that I get:

File "<application python script>", line 315, in connect
    return libpq.PQconnectdb(opts)
ValueError: Invalid format for PgVersion construction.

Could you help me to find the root of the problem? What should I do? I
thought that the different PostgreSQL version is the problem, but I
can't find the appropriate version (8.4.2) of it. Could you help me
where can I download it? Although, the database itself was created so
it is not sure that the problem is that, it's only my idea.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Gergely Fábián

От: "Andrus"
Сообщение: How to search ignoring spaces and minus signs
От: Carlos Mennens
Сообщение: Adding a New Column Specifically In a Table